From: chris.alvarado [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2005 1:11 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] "Browserless" Flex?

Hello all,

I am just about to start a very large project and have convinced the client that Flex is the way to go.

The one thing they would like to be able to do is run the app without a browser. I was able to do this with the previous version (I built in Flash) by publishing a .exe that made a loadmovie call to load the "initial" swf.

Can I accomplish something similar in Flex?

the reason this is such a big deal is because due to security constraints some of the machines they will need run the app on, they dont have web browsers installed (if that makes sense).

any ideas?

--
-chris.alvarado
[application developer]