On 8/31/05, Markus Ansamaa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I have been trying  to dynamically create RadioButtonGroup
> > (due to the problem I posted earlier). I  managed to create
> > the group but getting access to the RadioButtonGroup object
> > seems to be quite hard. I create the group during initialize
> > event,  but when I try to access the group, it seems to be
> > totally different object. For  example, if I set id property
> > for the group during initialization it has  disappeared when
> > accessed later.
> >
> > It the same object, but for some reason the id is changing.   No idea.
> >  But why not make it an MXML component?  That way you don't have to
> > struggle with createChild even.
>
> Umm.. well... maybe I could use mxml. RadioButtonGroup and the RadioButtons
> constitue a boolean component in our software. And if there are several
> RadioButtonGroups with the same id in a form, focus transition with tab key
> won't work correctly. So the need was to set unique id dynamically and I
> thought it cannot be done with mxml. But why not, maybe I should try that.
> However, it still would be nice to know the reason for the "metamorphosis"
> since unsolved mysteries are irritating.

I would love to dig deeper to find out why this is happening, but
currently I'm more interested in the future than the past. ;)

Would it help if you used an undocumented property called 'group'
instead of 'groupName'?  No guarantees it'll make life easier for you
or even work at all (without quietly breaking something else), but
give it a try.  See RadioButton.as in your flexforflash.zip.

Manish

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM