From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of stldvd
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2009 4:33 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Rich Text Editor and XML

Let me try rephrasing my earlier post and see if I can get a response:

I've got a RTE called outRTE into which I'm loading XML. I need to act
conditionally on the XML, so I've got to use a for-each-in loop to go
through it.

for each (var item:XML in xData.Content.P.*) {

var textToColor:String = item.toString();
outRTE.textArea.text += item.toString();
var tr:TextRange = new TextRange(outRTE,false, 2, 5);
tr.color = "red";
}

I can see that the item data is coming in OK, but the coloring of the text
just doesn't happen.

Can anyone see why?

Thanks,

David