I would expect there to be a way to say "Combine this swc and these classes into a new swc"; but I've never had to do it. Will the "include-classes" compiler argument do it? ( http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=compilers_14.html )

When creating a Flex Library Project, you have to explicitly select the classes that show up in the swc. Using the Flex Builder 'options' there is no way to specify classes / files that are not in the current project. It doesn't delve into SWCs in the library path. I bet the include-classes directive would solve this.

If not, you can cheat it. Create a dummy class and add it into the SWC library. Then create an instance of every class not being included in there. The Flex Compiler will say "Hold up, I need this class too" and add it in to the SWC. It is clearly a kludge, but I'm pretty sure it works. I'd check for a command line compiler option first, though. You can even use the excludeclass metadata class to keep your dummy out of code hinting.
migchulo wrote:

I am not sure if it's possible, but I was thinking that maybe there is a
attribute in the manifest.xml.

thanks

migchulo wrote:

> I am trying to create a library swc that contains all my images, utility
> and common classes which are shared across multiple projects. This works
> fine, however, I am not able to expose a swc from within the library swc.
> For example, my projects all include FlexLib and Mate, instead of having
> this included in every project, I would like to have it in the library.swc
> and exposing it. Eventually, I would make this into a RSL, but first I
> need to be able to get access to the internal swc files.
>
> Is this possible? If so, how? I was not able to find anything so far.
>
> Thanks...

Jeffry Houser, Technical Entrepreneur
Adobe Community Expert: http://tinyurl.com/684b5h
http://www.twitter.com/reboog711  | Phone: 203-379-0773
--
Easy to use Interface Components for Flex Developers
http://www.flextras.com?c=104