So we're getting ready for our first release of this massive flex app, and
we've just switched to SSL for our auth... Since we have this new central auth
server, our API developers want to use status codes for results.  So, I am at
the juncture, again for the 5th time in my dev career how am I going to get
around that http status code crap again!

---

Is it possible to trap these responses in the browser with a javascript and
return them into flashplayer through external interfface?  Is that possible,
does anybody have any suggestions on how to handle tokens on this one? I am
using HTTP delegates for my service calls with IRespnder.  How would I return
the token?  Is that possible?

http://code.google.com/p/as3httpclientlib/

Might be a good alternative to http, but can it it be used with delegates and
IResponder?

If you have had some success with this and don't mind helping another
developer, while the blame game happens and nobody can figure out how to fix
this paralyzing issue to us flash developers... please advise.

Thanks,
Patrick

(as I delete my hastily terse comment on FlexCoders and try to come up with a
workable solution)