We're already using 1GB of RAM for Eclipse.  I can't specify more or Eclipse
won't even start.  My current eclipse.ini looks like this:

-showsplash
-nl
en_US
-clean
-framework
plugins\org.eclipse.osgi_3.4.3.R34x_v20081215-1030.jar
-vm
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_14\bin\javaw.exe
-vmargs
-Xms1G
-Xmx1G
-XX:PermSize=128M
-XX:MaxPermSize=256M
-XX:+UseParallelGC
-Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true

BTW, I'm using WinXP 64-bit.  Don't know if that makes a difference.