If I have a custom item render based on an ArrayCollection with 10 times,
and just for fun, I loop through those 10 items and setItemAt the exact same
values that are already there - on screen the list of items reloads in a
sense, re-building itself to the exact same values. I would like that in
such a case, the on-screen controls know that they are the same as before
and not to rebuild themselves. Is this possible? Can I intercept some event
to double check whether they are the same or different?

The goal of course, is to have this behaviour even if one some items
changed. For example if I change only the 10th item, I would expect only the
10th item to refresh, no the whole collection.

Thanks for any ideas!

P.S. I am not useing refresh() on the ArrayCollection is it set to
auto-update. Also, all my setItemAt calls are done in commitProperties()