I’m in the midst of adding file download to a current Flex application using an embedded flash 8 swf as per the article on MM.com. There doesn’t seem a way to allow flash to accept a filename set in the header from the server. For instance a download servlet that changes the filename based on report type and date range. Seems you either have to explicitly set the filename on the client or accept the default, which in my case is the name of the Servlet performing the report generation.

Anyone know a way around this? Seems like a fairly big limitation…

Stace