LCDS won't automatically pick up changes from the database unfortunately.
 There is an api you can use if you control the code making the changes -
see flex.data.DataServiceTransaction.  You also could do some kind of
polling on the server using the DataServiceTransaction.refreshFill method...
it would look for changes and when it finds them it would push them out to
the client.
Jeff