I don't want my grid reordering itself on every propertyChanged event that
would cause the sort order to change, can I prevent this somehow?

I understand this is default behavior but it's not an option for our customer,
and it is really annoying when the 1000 row grid is re-ordered every time user
changes any values, not to mention slow.

I tried returning 0 from sortComparer with no luck, grid still seems to reorder
itself according to original data provider and not the sorted view when sort()
was set.

Specifically using AdvancedDataGrid and I'm starting to run out of ideas. Do I
reset the dataprovider every time I decide to change my sort? I'm already
intercepting headerRelease and setting sort explicitly as well as calling sort
from controls outside the grid. How would I get the currently sorted list from
my ArrayCollection, does the baseclass CollectionView have a current sorted
view? Is there really no way to take a snapshot or current view and set it to
current? Is there a way to tell sort() to physically move the rows instead of
maintaining a view?

What I found online:
http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=199554
Not an option since grid is sortable, I just want to suppress the updates AFTER
initial sort