Hi,

I'd love to see this.  Deng wouldn't address all use cases for HTML in Flex (Christophe's iFrame trick is quite good for some but not all either), but it would be great to see implemented as a Flex component.  It is open source now, so this community might want to have a go at it.

-David
Macromedia

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve Ocean
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 4:32 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex component that encapsulates DENG?

Flex needs a way to embed html based content in the app. As far as I know, no solution exists except IFRAMES. After trying everything I could think of for a week, I've come to the conclusion what's needed is a scalable component that uses something like DENG (  http://claus.packts.net/  )  to render HTML as a SWF. To be truly useful, the component would have to be able to render any "foreign" URL on demand, and at least do a decent job with most.

Thoughts anyone?