Thanks Vivian,
For the plot chart, you can do the same type of thing, except with more
images, with an itemRenderer.  Just like the way you can change icons,
or images, in a List itemRenderer, the same can be done with a chart.
In the last sample, you can see how to inspect the data; to determine
which image class to display.  This next Sample
<http://www.timothyhoff.com/projects/ChartLabeledRendererSample/ChartLab\
eledRendererSample.html>  shows how you can use an itemRenderer that
extends UIComponent.  This is a little different than creating an
itemRenderer that extends ProgrammaticSkin, as it gives you a lot more
flexibility.  Between the two samples, you might be able to come up with
a solution.  If you get stuck, please feel free to reach out. -TH
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Vivian Richard <kanps...@...> wrote:

>    Liked your example. Sleek!!! By the way I am trying to write an
> itemrenderer
>    for plot chart. Depending on the value of the plot item I want to
show
> different
>    icons in the plotted spot. These is an example of plot chart where
you
> can
>    embed an image but in that way you can only put same image in one
series.
>    Here is the link:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/help.html?content=charts_formattin\
g_12.html

>     The butterfly example - I am talking about.
>

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 3:02 PM, turbo_vb timh...@... wrote:
>

> > Cool, yeah I should have said custom lineSegmentRenderer.
> >

> > -TH
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com <flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>,
Jake
> > Churchill reynacho@ wrote:
> > >
> > > THANK YOU. I have seen this before and I've been looking for it
forever.
> > > The stinking chart components are all in the dataviz SWC and I
couldn't
> > get
> > > past a null error I was getting.

http://www.timothyhoff.com/projects/LineRendererSample/LineRendererSampl\