I'm not sure how much my code examples will help - I'm using SQL Server and
before the data gets to SQL, I translate the boolean value to a 1 or 0.

If I were in your shoes, the next thing I'd do is to figure out a way to
know the exact value that Access is getting.  Make no assumptions.  Consider
all the layers that single value is getting passed through.  Can you send
the value from CF to an Access macro?  What I'm getting at is, if this were
my problem and since I'm using SQL Server, I'd send the value to a stored
procedure where I could examine and test it.  With Access, what options do
you have to pragmatically examine and test values sent from Cold Fusion?

--
Chris Downey
http://www.vaccine-tlc.org/