BTW, are you are talking about the old MX TextArea or the or new Spark TextArea?

Gordon Smith
Adobe Flex SDK Team

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Andriy Panas
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2009 10:49 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Special characters (eg. Cyrillic) & TextArea

Hi polestar11,

Simple code sample will definitely help to understand your issue.

--
Best regards,
Andriy Panas

2009/11/30 polestar11 <polesta...@yahoo.com<mailto:polesta...@yahoo.com>>

Hi there

I have a problem where I am not able to paste special characters (eg. cyrillic
& arabic) into a flex TextArea component. This occasionally happens in a debug
version of my app and always happens in a release build.

I created a test application in the same project to try isolate the issue. I
intermittently am not able to paste special characters into a textarea. I also
created a different project entirely and never experience the issue.

My guess is that the compiler is misbehaving & getting stuck.

Any help MUCH appreciated

Cheers
Tracy