Hi Rajesh
Thanks for your email
I dint get the last part though.

You can pretty much convert this to use with checkbox.

How to convert combobox into checkbox?

Regards

Husain

Rajesh Jayabalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I had the same problem, I found out that you cannot dynamically
create id in the repeater tag.

When you create a checkbox in an array you will get an array of check
boxes and you can go thru them in a for loop to find their values..

Here I am doing it with a combobox

<mx:Repeater id="att" dataProvider="{attArr.Attribute}">
        <mx:HBox>
              <mx:ComboBox id="itatt"
dataProvider="{mx.utils.ArrayUtil.toArray(att.currentItem.Attvalues)}"
width="150" height="18"/>
        </mx:HBox>
        </mx:Repeater>

and in the AS my for loop looks like

var atts:String;
for (var i = 0; i < itatt.length; i++)
{
selectedItem = itatt[i].selectedItem;
if (selectedItem != null && selectedItem.label != null)
{
if (atts == null)
{
      atts = new String();
}
atts = atts+itatt[i].labelField;
atts = atts+": ";
atts = atts+selectedItem.label;
if (i < itatt.length-1)
{
      atts = atts+", ";

You can pretty much convert this to use with checkbox.

Rajesh J
--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "relisanhard52"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi
> I have a repeater tag which goes through an array. In my tag, i create
> a checkbox. I want my check box id to be created dynamically.
> I use
>
> <mx:CheckBox id="{list.currentItem.myObjectId}"
> label="{list.currentItem.myObjectName}"/>
>
> But it throws an error saying id is not a valid identifier. Apparently
> it does not throw any error on label and it works perfect.
>
> Any ideas how to create the id dynamically.
>
> Regards
> Husain

hussain