I've been trying like heck to get data returned from AMF Remoting and use it
for the data provider for a popUpButton.  This data is from MySQL, just regular
text fields/int fields, etc..

public var dataXML :XMLListCollection; // the data provider

private function getDataListener(event:ResultEvent):void
{
     var xmlResult:XMLList =  new XMLList(event.result);
     dataXML = new XMLListCollection( xmlResult.children());

My grasp of xml is kind of iffy, so I got mixed up while reading the Flex docs
on xml.

Is this the preferred way of getting back the data.
Steve