From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Nick Middleweek
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:26 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Spam] [flexcoders] Re: getters before setters

Thanks for your replies guys... I'll go with getters first then :)

Also, i'm sure I've read somewhere that internally when you access a setter,
it's self-checks the getter and only executes the setter if the return of the
getter is different from the getter...

Have I made this up?

I normally put these checks in myself anyway but I'm sure I've read it... I
can't find the site though...

Nick

2009/12/16 Ariel J <arielj...@yahoo.com<mailto:arielj...@yahoo.com>>

> As long as you define the [Bindable] metadata tag right before a
> getter, the
> order of the setters/getters doesn't really matter.
I remember Alex Harui saying Bindable can indeed go before the setter, too.

See this page:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/html/databinding_8.html#194574

Note #3:

"Before a public, protected, or private property defined by a getter or setter
method"