Hi,

Check out the example on the Alert language reference...
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/3/langref/mx/controls/Alert.html#includeExamplesSummary

You can assign a callback Handler like in the example:

alertClickHandler()

... where you can check the button clicked and in that function you can
restore focus to the object you previously set focus to.

Hope that helps...
Nick