From: Guy Morton <g...@alchemy.com.au>
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Mon, December 28, 2009 5:03:44 PM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] IE6 + SSL + Flex

Yes. Drop support for IE6. It has very little market share these days and is
about the worst browser out there.

Use a little browser detection javascript to tell users of IE6 it's time to
update to something that isn't so crappy. Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari are
all far better browsers than any version of IE.

If developers stopped tying themselves in knots trying to work around all IE's
faults and instead encouraged everyone to install one of the aforementioned
browsers we'd soon see many of these sorts of problems go away and we could
concentrate instead on actually developing content.

Guy