I've traced this further and the problem is that the id property of the flex
application is null on linux but populated on as expected on Windows and Mac.

the actual code is slightly different to what I posted below.

it should read:

params.module = application.id

The "module" parameter is the one with the null value.

The SDK version is 3.4

any ideas?

Tony