Hi,

Thanks for the replies... Amy - I've tried wrapping my e4x in a trace
statement inside the Expression panel but that didn't seem to help me :(

Valdor, I seem to be able to look at basic variables when I trace now - I'm
right-clicking the variable from the Variables panel, adding it as an
Expression and it's there.

I'm trying to look at the "data" variable which is XML with children()  so I
edit the expression as data.children() and click ok but get the error...

I then try XML(data).children()  but no joy either.

Mmmmm... It'd be great if i can on the fly edit expressions without having
to create new variables and recompile...

Nick