Hello people,

I hope someone here can point me in the right direction here.

I have a class in my codebase that defines objects that contain functions eg
(pseudocode):

package com.my.package {

        import flash.events.EventDispatcher;

        public class Dohickey extends EventDispatcher {

                public var thingy:Whatsit;

                public function init():void {

                        doThings.create();

                }

                public var doThings:Object = {

                        create: function():void {

                                if ( ! thingy ) {
                                        thingy = new Whatsit();

                };

Now, if I build to Flash Player 9, I can call init() on the above code and
doThings.create() will run and create a new Whatsit into the thingy variable.

If I build it to Flash Player 10, I get an error saying

ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property com.my.package:Dohickey::thingy not found
on Object and there is no default value.
        at <anonymous>()[/Users/guy/Documents/Flex Builder 3/../Dohickey.as:19]
        at com.my.package::Dohickey/create()[/Users/guy/Documents/Flex Builder
3/../Dohickey.as:11]

Can someone explain why?

Please? :-)

Guy