>From the docs for IGraphicElement:

"Group organizes its IGraphicElement children in sequences that share and draw
to the same DisplayObject. The DisplayObject is created by the first element in
the sequence."

That means that there is a single DisplayObject added to the display list upon
which the graphic primitives are drawn. I am sure this DisplayObject is subject
to the behaviors of the layout of the Group, as in BasicLayout vs.
VerticalLayout, just like any other child of the Group.