The problem is in your Main.mxml file.

You have two LoadImage components but only one is displayed (The MXML
one). You need to remove the MXML component altogether and add the
ActionScript component to the display list.

So, Change these lines:

             <mx:VBox width="100%" height="100%" >
             </mx:VBox>

to:

             <mx:VBox width="100%" height="100%" id="LoadImageVBox" />

Then add this line:

             LoadImageVBox.addChild(loadImages);

to the bottom of your ongallery1Click function.

That should do it.

This was pretty simple to find. You should probably hone your debugging
skills a lot more.