  From: Amy
  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 6:37 PM
  Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Custom ComboBox Class issue

  --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Warren" <warrenony...@...> wrote:

  > I found what is causing the problem. ComboBoxSuper failed to work when the
arrowButtonWidth wasn't set in the mxml. I never set it in my custom class
because it seemed to be there already. There must be some default parameters
that the mx:ComboBox pulls in and that my ComboBox version was inheriting
without me knowing about it. ComboBoxSuper didn't inherit these values and
fails silently.

  > Sigh. I've fought my way through the debugger and it is way beyond me.
Something is setting the default styles and parameters for a combobox but I
can't figure out where it is or how to force my ComboBoxSuper to pick them up.
I hate relying on using the same class name... I'm reluctant to create an
arrowButtonStyle in the ComboBoxSuper constructor -- that may fix that problem
but I don't know what other defaults I'm missing because I can't extend the
ComboBox.

  > Anyone have a suggestion?

  I think it's called globals.css.

  HTH;