All,

I’ve currently got a large amount of components in an app I’m making. All these components use the dataprovider to fill them.

Now I’m aware the tabBar component expects an array for the dataprovider, but as arrays don’t fire change event, the tabbar won’t update. Thus I’d be forced to use: tabbar.dataProvider.addItem()

Now I’m sure I’m not the only one that thinks this is pretty stupid way of doing things? I thought the whole point of using dataproviders is to be able to share information stored in one place, modify that information and everything will slip in line. Now what happens when I have more than one tabbar pointing to the same dataprovider? I obviously can’t use .addItem on all of them. Does adding items to a dataprovider in this fashion fire a changed event, thus updating other tabbars?

I’ve no doubts I’m either ‘not getting it’, or just not using things the right way.. If someone could point me in the right direction, that’d be great.

The general format of my arrays is:

Array[   {label:”label”,data:”data”},

{label:”label”,data:”data”}

            ]

Nothing fancy, just an array of objects which nicely fills listboxes etc.

Cheers,

Steve