I've worked a lot with coldfusion and flex using cflogin/roles.  I have
a project that I'm working on now that the backend will be done in PHP.
Since this is a "pet" project I'm using flash builder 4 to learn before
the release (And I'm really liking it!)

I've found documentation with connecting flex to php through an
httpservice call.  I modified this using a php class/function call
instead of calling a httpservice.  However, this doesn't protect the php
functions on the server.  Is there a method like the coldfusion
cflogin/roles in php?  I'm assuming that session information is not
available in PHP (as it isn't in coldfusion as well).

 Thanks

   Scott