Maybe the container doesn’t lay out again after the image loads?

On 1/26/10 5:45 PM, "Wally Kolcz" <wko...@isavepets.com> wrote:

Oh great group of Flex developer, share your wisdom. I can't wrap my
head around the <mx:Image> tag apparently. When wording with HTML, if I
wanted to constrain an image's width, I would set it directly and the
height would be resized perportionately. I tried this with <mx:Image>
and I seem to get a lot of space under the image. I thought the
maintainAspectRatio="true" would do the same thing as not setting either
the height or width.

Lets say I have an image that is 500px x 300px and I want to size it
down to 250px x 150px (by only setting the width). How can I get a nice
tight image with no space under or around it by sizing the width only?

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team