I think the new name makes perfect sense.  The current FlexBuilder
doesn't only "build" "flex".  It builds "flash" as well.  When you think
of it, it is truly a "Flash" "Builder".  In fact, before they decided to
change them name, I wondered why they were associating the name with
"Flex" in the first place.  When I started, it was not obvious I could
use it to build a simple flash animations without the flex framework,
which I actually needed to do for a few projects.  I think of it as a
"programmers" tool for making flash "apps" as opposed to an artist's
tool for making pretty animations.