Hi,

I'm trying to implement a custom border (based on Border) with a bitmap at
its bottom. Only the middle part of the bitmap must be stretched (kinda
Scale3).

As Border is based on a FlexShape, I can't add an Image as child -- and I
can't get the solution in RectangularBorder.initBackgroundImage to work,
either (i.e. add the child to the parent).

The current state is as follows:

protected function drawBorder(w:Number, h:Number):void
{
    var g:Graphics = graphics;

    var border:Bitmap = new borderImage();
    // setup scale9 here
    border.width = w;

    g.beginBitmapFill(border.bitmapData);
    g.drawRect(0, h - 19, w, 19);
    g.endFill();
}

...but doesn't work, as the bitmapData is not affected by setting a
scaling value for the Bitmap, I assume.

What would be a neat solution here?

Kind regards,
--
Steffen Beyer <sbe...@reactor.de>

GnuPG key fingerprint: CA00 1611 242B 89D4 E643  E235 05F3 7689 DD3E EB26
Public key available upon request or at http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net