Try this:

private function htmlEscape(str:String):String
{
     return XML(new XMLNode(XMLNodeType.TEXT_NODE, str)).toXMLString();
}

It uses the legacy ActionScript 2 object. I don't know how long this
will stay around but it is included in the latest 3.5SDK (Not sure about
4).

HTH

Steve

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Peter Valdemar Mørch <li...@...>