Thanks Matt for your reply and your interest to clarify this.

Obviously someone from the support center has been given the wrong impression
about what is going to happen to Flex Builder3..
(as far as I know, Adobe has a technical support policy for all commercial
products, so one can buy technical support under contract for older products -
even if this case is an installation problem and advice should be given free of
charge)

George