File a bug or post a test case so we can understand what problem you are
running into.

On 2/9/10 11:46 AM, "djhatrick" <djhatr...@yahoo.com> wrote:

This is a fundamental thing, right, measuring text?  It shouldn't require some
hacks, with timeouts to try to measure text after you change it.  This is my
biggest complaint, please.

Fix text.  Fix Text. Make it measure, give us internal access to numRows, or
something and the internal textField, without having to extend text... please
please, I beg of you... We ask that you do this?

I just can't figure out for the life of me this is even this way.  I have
components that need to resize depending on the real-true height of their
internal text component.

Is there any proven solution to make this work correctly?

Why oh why, is this the way it is?  Please explain or point blame to another
team.

Off the soapbox, I apologize if I offended you, but it offends me that I can't
with one line of code get the true height of my text.

-Sincerely,
Disgruntled

--
Alex Harui