You may be seeing a deferred instantiation effect.  In an accordion, or viewstack, and several others, a cild view is not instantiated, and does not exist at all, until you first click on the header to view it.

The quick fix is to set creationPolicy=”all” on the accordion tag.

If that fixes it, you can study up on that attribute.

Tracy

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 2:08 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Question about accordions

I am having some problems changing an object such as a button or a text box that is in one section of an accordion from a command on another part of an accordion. For example lets say I have one button on one section of the accordion that if you press it makes a label on the other panel of the accordion change its text. Its not working can someone help me out here?