On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 2:41 PM, Roman Protsiuk wrote:
> You won't be able to get generic element type information during runtime so
> what's the point?

That is why Remoting can't distinguish between receiving a generified
collection and a regular collection from the Java backend and has to
fall back to casting to an arraycollection. But what if I just happen
to know and want to force it?

> The only likely approach I guess is generic serializer/deserializer.

That was my idea too. It helps that I am (for now) only looking at a
way to do this from Java to ActionScript, but I am still not sure it
is worth the effort. Which is why I am hoping somebody else has
already tried this.

Jochem

--
Jochem van Dieten