window.onbeforeunload = function() {
            return "It is not recommended to use the browser
close/refresh/close buttons unless you have saved your data and logged out";
    }

Add the above code to a javascript section on the html wrapper which loads
your application. This will raise a javascript alert on all browser actions
which cause a redirect away from the current page. I dont think there is a
foolproof way to listen to this event directly in your swf.

~Peeyush
 http://www.mds.asia