I'm not actually referencing the view with the 'modelLocator.view.fields'
statement.  That's kind of confusing but the code is for a View Builder
application so the view in that context refers to a View model class.
Listening to COLLECTION_CHANGE events works fine and from reading other posts,
I'm guessing is more performant?  I knew there were binding issues with updates
to an item within a ArrayCollection but I thought adding items worked as
advertised.  Anyhow, thanks for your help.