So don't change the backend. I am sure if you tried you could write a group of
generic modules in CF.

Here is an example of what I wrote using fluorine/asp.net. This version does
not have the security I built in. You pass in an SQL statement and it sends
back an array collection. I have a CF developer that works with me that says
anything that I can do in .NET he can do in 1/4 the time, and 1/4 the code in
CF.

            Public Function getSQLData(ByVal strSQL As String) As Object
            Dim objCommand As OracleCommand
            Dim objDA As OracleDataAdapter
            Dim objDT As DataTable
            Dim objConnection As OracleConnection
            Dim AppSec As New GMS.Security
            On Error GoTo getSQLDataError
            objConnection = AppSec.DBConnect(False)
            objCommand = New OracleCommand(strSQL, objConnection)
            objDA = New OracleDataAdapter(objCommand)
            objDT = New DataTable()
            objDA.Fill(objDT)
            objDA = Nothing
            objCommand = Nothing