I'm trying to read data from an XML file, and put that data into an
ArrayCollection.

This works great when I have more than one "object" in the XML file.  But when
there's only one "object" in there, my HTTPService RPC returns it as an Object
instead of an ArrayCollection of Objects.

So when I assign the event.result to my ArrayCollection I get a "Cannot Convert
to ArrayCollection" error message...

Let me give an example:

MyXMLFile.xml:
<people>
   <person>
      <firstName>Joe</firstName>
      <lastName>Smith</lastName>
   </person>
</people>

If I have more than one <person></person> pair in my XML file, then they get
returned as an ArrayCollection in event.result.people.person.  But with only
one <person></person> pair in my XML file, event.result.people.person is an
ObjectProxy -- which can't be converted to an ArrayCollection, apparently.

If event.result.people had a length property, I could just loop over it for
{length} number of times and addItem() each <person> to my ArrayCollection --
but I see no length property on the event.result...  So how do I get this to
work?  I won't know in advance how many <person></person> pairs are in the XML
file, so I can't make any assumptions about the length...  Could be 1, could be
100...

Is there a way to programmatically tell whether or not
event.result.people.person is an ArrayCollection or an ObjectProxy?  If I could
tell what it was, then I could use that information to let the program decide
how to deal with it...

Thanks for any suggestions...
Laurence MacNeill
Mableton, Georgia, USA