Assuming that you already have a RemoteObject to call your Java Class. This
is what I would do:

 <mx:ComboBox id="item" dataProvider="{listInfo}"

  change="myRemoteObject.getMyDataFromJava(item.selectedItem.mydata)/>

   where mydata is the attribute name in listInfo and which you wanto to
send to Java.

  You should have a resultHandler to catch the myRemoteObject.result, which
then you can use as a Dataprovider for another control.

-Oscar.

             "sandip_patil01"                  To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com

             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>        cc:

             Sent by:                          Subject:  [flexcoders] How to
pass value selected from combo box to my Java
             flexcoders@yahoogroups.com          class method

             09/16/2005 02:16 PM

             Please respond to

             flexcoders

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me how to pass value selected from combo box to my
service class method.
Here what I want is depending on the parameter passed to method the
method should fetch records from database.
In this case I want to pass value selected from combo box to my java
class method.So how I can achive this.

My code is ,
 <mx:ComboBox id="item" dataProvider="{listInfo}"/>

where this listInfo contains some data.
Now I want to pass one selected value from this data to my java
class method sothat accordingly I can fire my select query depending
on the value passed.
So can anybody please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Sandip Patil