Doesn't make sense. I just tried it out and it works for me in an ActionScript
project as well.

Clearly, you Car class constructor takes 2 arguments, and its being  passed 2
args in the instantiation.

If you are using flexbuilder try click Project>Clean (this will build the
project like its building for the very first time)

If that doesnt work. Try creating a new Flex Project and just add your Car
class and my test.mxml class.