Hey guys.

Say your familiar with Flash document Class..... Flash Develop or Flex
actionscript projects in that your not so familiar with MXML.

You take this class

package
{
     public class MyGraphic extends Sprite
     {

          private var customSprite:Sprite;

          public function MyGraphic()
          {
                  super();

Ok heres the issue. If i start a new Flex Project because i want to combine
either an existing complex project or branch my application out to pure AS3
yet i want to retain the functionality of MXML for a form or a games room
etc.

How can i do this?

I remember last time i tried it was awkward.  MyGraphic needed to extend
UIComponent but then it got awkward because customSprite needed to also be a
UIComponent so i never found a way to combine them. Likewise, i read about a
rather obscure addRawChild() method but it seemed like a hack or frowned
apon.

That has something to do with the display list?

Is there any sources which i can read that deal with AS3 OOP TO Flex MXML
instead of treating you like you dont know what actionscript 3.0 is and
concentrating on MXML only?  I cannot find the relationship or common
functionality between the 2 different approaches. If i go with MXML im stuck
in modular <tags> with supporting actionscript, or if go with only AS3 i
have no access to the framework.

Cheers.

Clark.