I inherited some code which supports drag and drop from a list to a
node of a tree. Unfortunately it does not work when the tree is
scrolled.
Not only does the tree not autoscroll, but even if you scroll the
target item into view before beginning the drag, incorrect nodes
highlight.

I didn't see any code that's doing coordinate transformations, but did
notice that there is a custom TreeItemRenderer, which contains the
listeners for dragEnter etc.
I'm guessing this is the root of the problem, since renderers are recycled.

I've no idea why things were done this way, and am wondering if this
is a legitimate idiom, or if I need to start over with listeners
defined at the Tree level.

Also, is autoscroll supported if you do things the right way?