I've searched high and low, but cannot find ANY reference to people having this
issue.  This is not intermittent, happens every time, but only in one
application, while another application (running same code, from a swc) can save
files just fine.

Here is the error itself:
Error: Error #2014: Feature is not available at this time.
        at flash.net::FileReference/_save()
        at flash.net::FileReference/save()
        at
com.active.fnd.core.controller.util::ObjectPersistenceUtil$/saveObjectToFilesystem()[D:\...\ObjectPersistenceUtil.as:82]
        at Function/<anonymous>()[C:\...\CancelRegistrationTask.as:178]
        at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
        at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
        at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()
        at mx.controls.alertClasses::AlertForm/removeAlert()
        at mx.controls.alertClasses::AlertForm/clickHandler()

The <anonymous> is from an Alert that I popped up, as I thought it might have
something to do with the absence of a MouseEvent in the stack... alas, this did
not help my dilemma.

Google searches find nothing the helps, just lists of adobe error codes.

TIA!
-Dusty