Hi
I dont think you can 'focusOut' of a DataGridRow (read the livedocs
to see its purpose in life).
i did a quick test, and found only the load events (eg load,
initialize) and mouse events were triggered in an extended
DataGridRow.

workaround - have a private var (currentIndex) which you save during
a DataGrid cellFocusIn and then check if this value has changed. eg
(untested)

<mx:DataGrid cellFocusIn="doCellFocusIn(event)" cellEdit="doCellEdit
(event)">

<mx:Script>
private var currentIndex;

function doCellFocusIn(event)