Hi List,

quick question:

I am trying to iterate through a spark List component's itemRenderers / list
items and would like to call a function in the ItemRenderers. How would i
approach this?

basically i need to reset a list and remove all active items.... ( and run a
clean up function in each list item )...

more info (in case you have time):

I am using the s:list component for a thumbnail gallery (air app) and am not
too sure about my approach to using itemRenders for this.

I dynamically generate the thumbnails from larger images - if i do this every
time there is a 'dataChange' event - then the list constantly rebuild the
images ( i guess the spark list component uses a pool of list items ).

The ItemRenderer's thumbnail bitmap is dynamically resized and resampled from a
larger JPG. This is then assigned to a 'mx:Image' component.

When re-assigning new Data - i would like to clean / clear all bitmaps in the
list - to keep a low memory footprint. Hense why i am trying to iterate through
the items in the list to clean / clear the bitmaps. is this the best approach?

If you've made it this far, and feel somewhat inclined to help, here is the
code i am using for my item renderer:

http://kurst.co.uk/transfer/ListItemRenderer.txt

Many thanks....

- Karim