Excellent suggestion, thanks Alex!

Jay
Sent from my iPad

On 2010-04-27, at 10:54 AM, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:

I would do that by having a renderer that draws outside its given bounds,
and other renderers to the right that set alpha=0 so they don’t show up.

On 4/26/10 11:01 AM, "Jay Proulx"
<jason.pro...@gmail.com<jason.pro...@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Because I want to add a "colSpan" so to speak, so that I can have a row
renderer for child data.
e.g.:

<listContent>
|[ Cell ] [ Cell ] [ Cell ]|
|[          Child        ]|
[ Cell ] [  Cell  ] [ Cell ]
[ Cell ] [  Cell  ] [ Cell ]
[ Cell ] [  Cell  ] [ Cell ]
</listContent>

i.e.: Child floats at the top of listContent, and the parent row is
stretched to create the gap for the child to inhabit.

ADG doesn't quite do it because it's tree column is only 1 column , the
other option would be to add columns to Tree.  The latter may be easier to
implement with a new default renderer.

Thanks for the quick reply Alex :)

*Jay Proulx
*jason.pro...@pollensoft.com