Hi,

we have a Flex-application that runs in HTTP-domain and makes RPC-calls to
Tomcat based on HTTPS. That means our Flex-client is not secured by SSL but
Java services are. We thought that this would be enough because the Flex client
itself does not contain any sensitive data (and, by our logic, the AMF would be
secured by securing the Java services).

However, the crossdomain policy file specification says that this is not a good
way to do things, because we risk the man-in-the-middle attack.

(Spec can be found here:
http://learn.adobe.com/wiki/download/attachments/64389123/CrossDomain_PolicyFile_Specification.pdf?version=1)

To me, this rises a question: is the Flex-application sending the data
unencrypted to the server nevertheless the SSL we have on the server? If this
is the case, in which point does the encryption take place?

And moreover, how vulnerable this kind of solution is? Is it the same not to
use HTTPS at all?

If you have any insight, please comment.

Cheers,
Jukka