--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Wally Kolcz <wko...@...> wrote:

> I love and am a big advocate for Mate. Simple to learn, lots of good
> built in tools, not MVC code in your views or business logic so if you
> want to change down the road, just pop it out and handle the events.

My limited experience with Mate is that it does the opposite of what whoever
wrote the code completion stuff in Flex Builder was expecting, so you wind up
typing a lot of import statements and stuff that you could normally let the
editor handle.  It seems like this would eat up any time you might save by
using this architecture.