Shouldn't the playerglobal.swc tell me if I'm using api's that require 10.1
when I set the required Flash Player version to 10.0.0 in the Flex Compiler
project options?

On some machines we can load our site and in others it is stalling about a
quarter of the way through the second preloader progress bar.